CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sometimes it is okay to mess up...

As you know, Ian's birthday was this week. I wanted to make him something special on his actual birthday, but I didn't want to make a huge cake since I was going to make one for his party a few days after. So I began my search.
I love searching the internet for cake ideas. I have found some blogs that I ritually return to for ideas and inspiration. Bakerella is one of my favorites. (Thank you Karen for telling me about this blog). She posted a blog about cupcake bites. I wanted to give them a try because lets be honest, little bites of cake with icing mixed in and then coated in chocolate...who wouldn't want to eat that?
So I get all of the ingredients and go at it. Things are going along fine because I am following the directions exactly. But when I go back and look at the pictures of what my little balls of yum are supposed look like-small cake-like cupcakes- and then look at what mine actually do look like-soggy little brownie-like cupcakes, I think all is lost.

But I don't give up. I continue on and this is what I ended up with. They look pretty good on the outside. I should have used less icing when I mixed it up and coated them in a lighter brown chocolate. I couldn't put M&M's on top because my little man is allergic to peanuts.

To see what bakerella's look like: Go to her site: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/04/make-your-cupcakes-pop.html

This is what mine look like on the inside:

Even though mine were a little too moist, my family loved them. I am going to try them again soon, but I think I will try to make them into cake pops, make them round and put less icing in the cake. I can't wait to get started again! You know what they say, practice makes perfect!

0 comments: