CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

How cute...

Hannah is getting a loose tooth. To most parents that isn't a big deal, but to me it is huge. I get chills and try to hold back my gag reflex every time a student shows me theirs. I have been dreading this with my own. I have trained my students to just tell me when one is loose or when they have lost one. Now, I need to work on that with Hannah. She can show her daddy as much as she likes!!

Well, last night, Hannah came up to me so excited. She is getting her first real loose tooth. She has two that are a little loose from a scooter board incident. This one is loose all on its own. Of course, she began with the tooth fairy questions. She asked what would happen if you lost the tooth. She asked, "Do you write the tooth fairy a letter?" I told her that she could do that. Then with her sweet little grin she asks, "Mommy, could I pray and ask God for sweet dreams? Then I will smile while I am asleep and the tooth fairy can see that I am missing a tooth." Smiling and giggling, I told her that was a possibility as well.

Hannah knows exactly how to make me smile-even turning a gross event (a loose tooth) into something that will always bring a smile to my face and giggle to the surface. I love that little girl! Thank you Lord for allowing me to have the privilege of raising her!

2 comments:

Dollar General said...

Do you think Hannah told Noah she got a loose tooth in an "accident" and that is what was really behind the "Scooter" incident (I say incident b/c I'm starting to wonder if it was really an accident)! GREAT - you know Noah is gonna want me to knock his teeth out now..especially if the next time he sees Hannah she's without a tooth! Keep us up to date and let me know what the tooth fairy's going rate is! Please don't make it extravagant! Like you have anything to do with it, right?!?

Cynthia said...

And thank you God for letting me be her GiGi!!! (I like exclamation marks, too!!!!!)